Fuelling Italy’s Future: How the transition to low-carbon mobility strengthens the economy
The event presented the latest research on the economic, social and environmental impacts related to the transition to low and zero carbon vehicles in Italy, highlighting its high potential for the deployment of solar and wind-based electricity capacity. It also aims to answer key questions such as:
- Is this transition technologically feasible over a time period where it can help Europe to meet the Paris climate objectives?
- What are the greenhouse gas emission, energy savings, air quality and health impacts of the transition?
- What are the savings in terms of total energy demand for the passenger vehicle fleet?
- What impact will the transition have on the economy?
- What will be the impact on producers, consumers, workers, citizens and decision makers?
- What is the level of infrastructure and related investment needed to make this transition possible?
- How will the national electricity distribution system be impacted?
- How much additional electricity will be required to fuel a large fleet of electric vehicles?
This study reveals that, despite the challenges, the transition towards zero emission vehicles can represent a win-win situation for Italy, which has a unique chance to turn the weakness related to the scarcity of fossil fuel resources into a strength.
Stefano Scainelli, CEO, Scame Parre Spa
“We believe that supporting the silent electric mobility revolution does not only mean providing effective and efficient solutions but also actively contribute to forming social consciousness. In this perspective, the study is of major importance as concrete data on which we can base the choices for our future and that of our children, has emerged”.
TAKE A LOOK AT THE REPORT: